
Another game that has been successfully emulated is Street Fighter III.
There are 3 games in this series:
The New Generation, Giant Attack and Fight for the Future.
I'm sure many have heard and/or have played its prequel, Street Fighter
II and its various editions (Champion Edition, Super) as well as its
spin-offs (Alpha a.k.a Zero 1,2,3 and the aweful EX).
But only the die hard fan would know that Street Fighter III exists.
Well, finally I managed to play all the street fighter III games and I
am sad to say that I am utterly disappointed at how the street fighter
series has progressed.
First of all, only Ryu and Ken return in the threequel. So naturally,
what's a die hard fan do when he/she plays Street Fighter III ?
However, after playing Street Fighter III for a while, I began to notice that
some of the new characters have moves similar to the old characters from Street Fighter II.
There's one that has Guile's (sonic kick) and another had Dhalsim's long limbs.
I began to wonder why do Capcom even bother to introduce new
characters into the series when the special moves are similar ? Music
was not memorable
Though I must admit that the animations are much smoother and some new
but familiar characters appear (such as the hulking bad guy Adone from
Capcom's Final Fight series)
Lets hope that the upcoming Street Fighter IV would reinvigorate the 2D
fighting genre.
To start playing, download the the CPS3 emulator from http://nebula.emulatronia.com/
extract into your desired folder and in this folder, create a new folder called roms to place your
Street Fighter III rom.
No comments:
Post a Comment