
Hey people. how was your christmas celebrations ? hope it is all well and good.
I took almost a week off and its great that it has been quite an
eventful
break. for one thing, i discovered that the emulation scene has
progressed
quite well.
A couple of years ago, I desperately wanted this game
called die hard arcade to work so much so I friend my laptop because of it !
For those that do not know, it is a beat 'em up game created by sega
more than 10 years ago. It was released in the arcades as well as the sega
saturn. From the screenshot you might think that it is in 3D, but
actually
it is not. Die hard arcade is essentially a 2D game as the player and
the
computer controlled opponents can only attack each other from the left
to
the right side of the screen.
But the REAL reason why I love this game is the attention to detail.
Watch (and laugh) as your opponent grimices in pain by holding his crotch and
jumping backwards after you kick him in the groin. you can even slip
and fall if you step on certain objects.
There are many weapons that you can use throughout the game. There are
the usual hand and machine guns (no grenades though) And even everyday
items can be used as weapons such as brooms, hairspray, mace+lighter = mini flamethrower and even pepper(?).My
favourite happens to be the rocket launcher because when you shoot at
the opponent, he/she flies up into the air !
Seriously, if you want to play this game now you can do so by
downloading the latest MAMEUI32 emulator and the diehard.zip rom.
You would need a fairly powerful pc (at least 2Ghz) in
order to run it at playable speed. At the time of writing, the sound is abit off as
it has not been 100% emulated yet. but I am confident that it would not take
too long to make Die Hard Arcade arcade perfect.
In short, this is a perfect beat'em up game to play with a friend and be prepared to laugh a lot.
UPDATE: I just found out that the sequel, Dynamite Cop has also been emulated. Look out for the review soon !
No comments:
Post a Comment