October 23, 2008

My New Gaming PC


Sept 01 2008. Yes ! Finally I got my new gaming PC ! It has been a long wait. Initially the plan was to get one early in the year but decided to postpone it as I had to sit for my professional exam first. So as a reward to myself, I got the best PC that suits my budget ($3000++). Here are the specs.



Intel Pentium Core2Duo 3.0Ghz
ASUS P5K/EPU Motherboard
4GB RAM
320 GB HDD
512 MB Leadtek Winfast nVidia GeForce 9800 GT
LG DVD Burner
22" Samsung LCD Monitor

Other accessories that I have bought separately are:
Logitech MX518 Gaming Mouse
Mousepad (No brand. But it stinks of rubber. Hopefully it will go away eventually)

Actually I did get it a week earlier, but there were problems with RAM compatability with the motherboard. So instead of using Kingston HyperX RAM, I have to substitute it with normal 4GB Kingston RAM and two 4GB Thumbdrives as my replacement.

In short, I am very satisfied with my gaming PC. The games I have completed in order are:
1. Call of Duty 4 ( the main reason of getting a new PC)
2. Medal of Honor Airborne
3. Gears of War
4. Bioshock
5. Cold Fear
6. Serious Sam 2 (in progress)


******************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment