October 23, 2008

Movie Review: Taken


Movie Review: Taken
Directed by: Pierre Morrel
Written by: Luc Besson & Robert Mark Kamen
================================
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have
are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If
you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it...But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." - Bryan Mills, Taken

Synopsis: Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) is forced to come out of retirement as an ex-CIA when his daughter is kidnapped in Paris.

From the writers of Transporter trilogy and the director of District B13 comes another high octance action thriller.

Unlike most action movies, you will instantly feel for the main character as he is trying to find his daughter as the actor potrays the

emotional scenes quite effectively. Although he acts rather rashly most of the time (such as beating up the kidnappers in broad daylight)

but this is understandable as hisdaughter's life is at stake.

The fighting sequences are reminiscent of Bourne identity and considering that Liam Neeson is 56 years old, it is quite shocking to see him

beat up or kill so many people with only his bare hands.

In short, this has to be one of the best action movies that I have seen in a long while. And many people who have seen it agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment